SAVE THE DATE!
2017 WV Center for Children’s Justice
September 27-29, 2017 | Charleston Civic Center
Handle with Care Conference
Why are these Children in Danger?
- Parental behavior under the influence: poor judgment, confusion, irritability, paranoia, violence
- Inadequate supervision
- Inconsistent parenting
- Chronic neglect
- Chaotic home life
- Exposure to second-hand smoke
- Accidental ingestion of drug
- Household may lack food, water, utilities
- Children may lack medical care, dental care, immunizations
- Greater risk of abuse
- Greater risk of sexual abuse if parent has multiple partners